Adults gather your kids, come explore all that spring has to offer. Take a Kid Outdoors (TAKO) invites kids of all ages to join in a shed and scavenger hunt. Come see if the bucks have been generous with their antlers. Be prepared go on a short hike and possibly walk on some muddy trails to see spring Birds, Bugs and Flowers.
The event will be held at Creekside Common Park in North Liberty.
Creekside Commons Park is located west of South Front Street across from the new elementary school off Vandello Drive and Sadler Drive. We encourage people to walk, bike or share rides as parking is limited along Sadler Drive.
Lunch will be served at 11:30 AM
. This event is FREE and OPEN to the public. Please help us reduce waste by bringing a water bottle, plates, silverware and other lunch items. Advance registration is requested, but not required. Please like us on Facebook
and let us know you are “GOING” on EVENT
page. For Questions, please contact Judy Joyce, Executive Director at email@example.com
- Remember to dress appropriately; we may get wet, muddy and dirty! Layers are always a great option for Iowa weather conditions. Bring a hat, jacket, sunscreen, and any other items you may need to be comfortable in the outdoors. Remember to bring a camera!
- Need to know where to fish each week? Sign up for the DNR’s Fishing Forecast by sending a blank email to join-FishIowa@lists.ia.gov
- TAKO events may be cancelled or postponed due to weather.
- Please “like” us and check for updates and notifications.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult throughout each event. TAKO is take a kid outdoors.TAKO is not leave a kid outdoors . . . Thanks!