Is your youngster a budding artist or poet? Enter their artwork or poetry to win the chance of a lifetime—to stand on the pitcher’s mound with their fellow Mallards and throw the first pitch!
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center (ALNC) is hosting an art and poetry contest for kids, ages 6 to 12, to show off their talents while entering to win the honor of throwing the first pitch at ALNC’s Night with the Madison Mallards on Thursday August 4th!
In addition to throwing the first pitch, the contest winner will receive an ALNC t-shirt and an ALNC Complimentary Family Membership.
- Draw, paint, or write a poem about your favorite nature spot.
- Go to www.naturenet.com/alnc and click on the Family & Community - Public Programs" link to locate the Contest Entry Form. The Contest Entry Form and contest information will also be available at ALNC summer camp registration tables.
- Fill out the Contest Entry Form
- Submit Contest Entry Form and your Artwork by email, mail or in person before noon on July 25th.
- OR Mail / Drop off Submissions to:
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Dr, Monona, WI 53716
- The contest begins Wednesday July 6th; all entries are due by noon Monday July 25th.
- Pieces will be judged on creativity and relevance to the contest’s theme.
- All written submissions are limited to 300 words.
- Any material submitted becomes property of ALNC. Through submission of artwork or poetry contestants and their legal guardians grant nonexclusive reproduction and publication rights to the works submitted, which will not be returned.
- The contest winner will be notified by email by July 26th 2011.