What are you doing to re-connect children with nature? (157)

Featured Discussions

Planting a Tree to Celebrate my Daughter's Birth

My wife and I are expecting our first child in May.  I’d like to buy a sapling or small tree, something planted within the last year or so,…

Started by David BrodieLatest Reply

Forest School Trainings in the U.S.,.......who's doing it?

Hello Everyone! I am looking to create a network of people who are teaching and mentoring children outdoors with a forest school approach.…

Started by Amy ButlerLatest Reply

Nature Journaling and Science Notebooks- Professional Development for Educators

I was curious if anyone on the Children and Nature Network had ideas on how I could spread the word about a course I lead in Southern Vermo…

Started by Betsy Bennett StaceyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nature Based Behaviour Management

Hey everyone, This is my first post. I was really happy to come across such a great community that aligned so well with my values. I'm th…

Started by Angus Woodhams

0 Jan 15

UK to USA

Hi I'm new to this group and in the UK but could be coming to Miami in the future. As a forest school practitioner in the UK I'd love to he…

Started by Paula

0 Jan 11

SHIFT Summit: Michelle Piñon

SHIFTjh: Michelle Piñon Who knew you could find pan dulce in Wyoming?   Amidst towering mountains and quivering aspen, I got my hands on t…

Started by CJ Goulding

0 Nov 3, 2015

SHIFT Summit: Juan Telles

Juan Telles: SHIFT The five­ day Shift Summit was another mind altering experience with The Natural Leaders Network. I am grateful for th…

Started by CJ Goulding

0 Oct 27, 2015

Children's Nature Challenge - Oct.1st launch event

Join us for the launch of our first children's Nature challenge, Wild Child in We Are Wildness University! October 1st, 2015Online Event5:0…

Started by Alissa Wild

0 Sep 30, 2015

Art of Mentoring - Creating a Living Culture of Awareness

I am starting in a new journey throught the Art of Mentoring learning camp organized by the Vermont Awareness School. I am looking forward…

Started by Danielle Landry

0 Sep 4, 2015

Managing Risks and Benefits in Outdoor Environments/Playgrounds

Risk is inherent in natural environments and children thrive when they have opportunities to experience healthy risk-taking during play. I…

Started by Annabelle Knight

1 Aug 26, 2015
Reply by Juliet Robertson

Forest school in the desert!

Hi!  I live in Ras Al Khaimah the most northern emirate of the UAE and work as a KG2 teacher (5-6year olds) at an English speaking IB prima…

Started by Eleanor Walters

0 Jun 5, 2015

Forest School Trainings in the U.S.,.......who's doing it?

Hello Everyone! I am looking to create a network of people who are teaching and mentoring children outdoors with a forest school approach.…

Started by Amy Butler

19 Apr 23, 2015
Reply by William D. Brown

Graduate Fieldwork Observation?

I will be doing some graduate fieldwork observation this year to inform a research paper on the connection between nature and cognitive dev…

Started by Karen Ito

0 Apr 11, 2015

RSS

© 2016   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service