What are you doing to re-connect children with nature? (170)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wagons?

Dear All, Can you suggested a type of wagon, barrow or carrying vehicle that I can use to transport all of my equipment to the forest sites…

Started by Mandy Tulloch

3 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Mark Charles

What are your favorite kids outdoor books, products, activities?

Hi, I was wondering if others in the community would be willing to share their favorite books and/or products that were useful in either a…

Started by Mike Barlow

15 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Mark Charles

Nature trail

Our school is in the beginning stages of constructing a nature trail. I'm looking for advice from schools that have already gone through th…

Started by Edna Miller

0 Feb 24, 2010

Pet Rocks!

Family Adventures in Nature (in association with the San Diego Children and Nature Collaborative) is a locally based family nature club. We…

Started by Janice Swaisgood

0 Feb 3, 2010

Children learning animal tracking cover story

Thrilled we made the cover of Valley Kids about Children learning animal tracking check out the link and share your comments http://greenfi…

Started by Frank Grindrod

1 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by Suz Lipman

Why kids don't like learning outside

Hello Everyone I just discovered an interesting post on the Times Education Supplement (TES) outdoor learning forum that wasn't getting ma…

Started by Juliet Robertson

19 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Peter Kyburz

Holiday Gifts of Nature!

Condsider connecting kids with nature this holiday season.What a great opportunity we have this season to consider gifts that may just ign…

Started by Ernie McLaney

0 Dec 5, 2009

Geocaching

If you are looking for a fun activity to get your kids (and the whole family) outdoors, try geocaching. It's a "high tech game of hide and…

Started by Stacy

2 Dec 4, 2009
Reply by Mike Barlow

Our older children need to connect as well

I work at a Community College which has six campus locations throughout the county. In an effort to increase awareness of nature and to get…

Started by Ernie McLaney

0 Nov 30, 2009

Head Start & Outdoor Play

Hi all! I am pleased to announce that I am the new Training Director of the Head Start Body Smart National Center for Physical Development…

Started by Bethe Almeras

2 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Bethe Almeras

RSS

© 2020   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service