Children and Nature at the Wisconsin Book Festival: Every Natural Fact by Amy Lou Jenkins

I'm very pleased to say that the Wisconsin Humanities Council has invited me to speak and read from Every Natural Fact: Five Seasons of Open-Air Parenting at the Wisconsin Book Festival. Please come and help me spread the word.  

I'll be speaking/reading in two locations on October 3, 2010. 

October: 3 Wisconsin Book Festival.  12:30 A Room of One's own Bookstore, Madison. 307 W Johnson St.   

October: 3 Wisconsin Book Festival. 3pm Sun Prairie Library. 1350 Linnerud Dr, Sun Prairie WI.

More public events--reading, speeches, workshops-- at www.AmyLouJenkins.com

Every Natural Fact has been well-received.  The Minneapolis Star Tribune published an amazing review calling it "Nothing short of sensational." The Midwest Booksellers Association choose the book as a Connections Pick.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations, Amy Lou. The book looks wonderful, as does the Festival. Do you know if we have any other Wisconsin folks on the forum?
I have not come across others from Wisconsin here on the forum, but I'd love to. I live near Milwaukee and we have a lot of work to do across our beautiful state. Our Urban Ecology Center does a great job of providing opportunites for children, adults, and schools to understand their environment (two locations, more in planning) We are also home to Will Allen of Growing Power and an award-winning initiative to connect children to ways of growing healthly food and caring for the land.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service