Art creation as an affective as well as effective tool to further enrich, enhance and enlighten the nature experience for young people. The art process itself allows for higher-level cognitive, affective and psycho-motor domain attainments from Blooms taxonomy of learning.  The study of nature through art allows the “student-artist” to experience, observe, value, analyze, synthesize and express his/her understanding of, and relationship to, nature and the environment.  The examination of nature through artistic processes has been a constant in the development of artists and scientists throughout culture and history.  From the time of the ancient painters of the Lascaux caves, to the artists of the Renaissance and to modern day artists, nature has inspired man to create in order to understand, and praise its wonders.  As the great painter Francisco Goya explained, “I have had three masters, Nature, Velasquez, and Rembrandt.” We can help our children to learn from this great master too, by inviting them to consciously experience and express their perceptions of its vast and wondrous classroom.  This statement is an excerpt from a publication by (C) D. Malosh Outside Art Lessons.

Visit www.outsideartlessons.com for children's sketchbooks as well as teacher and parent resources designed to heighten the nature experience for children.

Views: 323

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dawn. I love that you started this discussion as well as a group about using art to connect children to nature. I think we have a lot of people here who are interested in and passionate about nature and art. I hope we can promote some lively discussion and sharing. See you soon!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service