Condsider connecting kids with nature this holiday season.
What a great opportunity we have this season to consider gifts that may just ignite a child's sense of wonder with the envionment and wildlife. If our children are to be the stewards on this earth, they need our support and guidence to bring them the tools and opportunities that will open the door to the natural world.
There are countless ways, but here are a few suggestions:
• Magazine subscriptions are available to various environmental causes.
• Local nature museum passes, park and recreation programs, and nature gift shops.
• Hundreds of wonderful books on nature and wildlife.
• Outdoor adventure programs (hiking, kayaking, rafting, etc).
• Assorted outdoor gifts such as binoculars, bird feeders and houses, ant farms, starter garden kits, camping tents and equipment, and much more.
Other resources include: