C&NN Connect

Share, Learn, Listen, Lead

Hello, Network Members.

I wanted to alert everyone about two fantastic new children's music releases that invite children to get moving and to get outside for fun.

Please check out  Justin Roberts' new CD Jungle Gym www.justinrobertsmusic.com

and the Okee Dokee Brothers' Take It Outside - www.okeedokee.org

Thank you!

Tags: Brothers, DOkee, Justin, Okee, Roberts, children, exercise, fun, gym, jungle, More…music, nature, outdoors, outside, parenting

Views: 15

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both of these releases are fantastic. KIVA has been fans of Justin Roberts for many years. This new cd is fantastic. I think this particular cd is the one that Richard Louv has been dreaming about for many years. Justin really gets to how kids feel about new experiences and the awesome feeling of independence and accomplishment that they can feel when they are able to succeed! Great cd.

We are listening to the Okee Dokee Brothers recently and are enjoying it. We will write up a review this week for www.kidsadventuring.org!
I guess I forgot about this sight. I just got a not from Happiness so I had to read it and found myself here. Glad to be back. We have been working on summer activties for the children they found a toad on the play yard so we began a study on frogs and toads. We caught both and made books on how they look and what is the difference. We noticed that the eyes are different and discovered that frogs have different colors and shapes of eyes. Worms have always been important to the children so we made up a measuring board to find out who found the longest worm. The children can now use a ruler very well. Fireflies were out and we had a firefly count. We watched for the blinking pattern and counted how many we could see in 20 seconds. They caught fireflies to observe draw and then release. We are now looking at butterflies. We have taken pictures of the ones on our play yard and will discuss each one. Butterflies are symmetrical so we only drew one have and used a mirror to see the other side. We have seen Cabbage White and Red Admiral so far. Each child has made a butterfly board. They pinned their tissue paper butterfly to this board. The object was to color the tissue paper to make it look real. We used pipe cleaners for the body and labeled each butterfly.
Thanks, Chip!

Chip Donahue said:
Both of these releases are fantastic. KIVA has been fans of Justin Roberts for many years. This new cd is fantastic. I think this particular cd is the one that Richard Louv has been dreaming about for many years. Justin really gets to how kids feel about new experiences and the awesome feeling of independence and accomplishment that they can feel when they are able to succeed! Great cd.

We are listening to the Okee Dokee Brothers recently and are enjoying it. We will write up a review this week for www.kidsadventuring.org!
Also check out Jenny Morgan's music, inspired by this movement. They also are intended to motivate families to get out into nature:
www.NatureNeedsKids.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service