C&NN Connect

Share, Learn, Listen, Lead

Tonight, after the group headed home to bed, I took a great long walk around the conference center. There are miles of biking and hiking trails here at Keystone. I mounted my head lamp and took off for at least an hour walk in the dark. I heard frogs jumping, somethings scuttling, and for the first time ever - saw a live, wild, red taled fox!

Gathering everyone together is such a wonderful thing! Thank you. I look forward to brainstorming and connecting further with the people here... and also look forward to the meetings and activities later in the week!

also...I think I saw the Milky Way for the first time. Those stars are amazing!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing like the Milky Way to put things in perspective, huh? There's already some discussion about allowing for more "outside time" next year, when we can all collect our thoughts, relax and just enjoy a visit with each other.
I really enjoyed the beautiful setting as well! (My roomate Jenny even saw a shooting star when we went on the stargazing tour! So jealous I missed it!) I like the idea of allowing more 'outside time' too. What if the gathering were lengthened just a bit, to allow for more 'outside' time? We could spend the mornings inside for networking, lectures, etc. and the afternoons doing an outside activity. Just a thought.

Betsy Townsend said:
Nothing like the Milky Way to put things in perspective, huh? There's already some discussion about allowing for more "outside time" next year, when we can all collect our thoughts, relax and just enjoy a visit with each other.
Hi Chip!

Thanks for the head's-up about the C & NN social network. Glad to be part of it!

Btw, I will be promoting this site and KIVA in an article I am writing for an educator/literary/library magazine (Library Sparks) on connecting kids to nature through children's literature and outdoor curriculum. I'll let you know when the issue is out (scheduled for March.)

All best!

Jen Ward
www.jenniferwardbooks.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service