It's been really windy in Aberdeen, Scotland recently and more is forecast over the next fortnight.

Anyone have any ideas for outdoor activities suitable for 2 to 5 year olds that harness the fun of the wind? We've thrown leaves up (always popular) and made (unsuccessful) parachutes with sycamore leaves and beech mast cases but there must be loads more. All suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks!

Mandy.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mandy. Great question and I am sure folks on this site will have suggestions, especially Juliet Robertson who also lives in Scotland. My suggestion is that you contact Margaret Rietano who is a member of C&NN Connect and who last year started a non-profit called The Elements that works with schools to get kids outside in inclement weather. She lives in Washington DC so she gets a lot of that. Here is her contact information. She would love to hear from you. WWW.THEELEMENTSDC.COM; MRIETANO@THEELEMENTSDC.COM

Thanks for posting this and keep those questions and suggestions coming. John
John
Thank you! Margaret's concept and website are wonderful. I'll get in touch with her and ask her advice. Thanks again.
Mandy.

John Thielbahr said:
Hi Mandy. Great question and I am sure folks on this site will have suggestions, especially Juliet Robertson who also lives in Scotland. My suggestion is that you contact Margaret Rietano who is a member of C&NN Connect and who last year started a non-profit called The Elements that works with schools to get kids outside in inclement weather. She lives in Washington DC so she gets a lot of that. Here is her contact information. She would love to hear from you. WWW.THEELEMENTSDC.COM; MRIETANO@THEELEMENTSDC.COM

Thanks for posting this and keep those questions and suggestions coming. John

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service