C&NN Connect was created to support people and organizations working worldwide to reconnect children and nature.

C&NN

Children and Nature News

Connect with us:

Follow us on Twitter
Become a fan
Read our blog

Visit the Children & Nature Network Web site for news, resources, network initiatives, and the Movement Map.

Hi all,

I'm a designer and am extremely interested in working with the local Autism Research Center at FSU (CARD) to create a natural play area for kids on the spectrum. My hope is the space will contribute to research relating nature to therapy and other benefits. I've been trying to reach the people at the center for a while now, with no luck. Does anyone have a contact there? It's the Center for Autism and Related Disorders and operates through Florida State University.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Meghan Mick

From the Ground Up, Tallahassee, FL

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

Meghan..

How about the "Ground Up" "Team Up"...with KAMPN, Inc in the North Carolina Mtns.  I just replied to the overall group about KAMPN, Inc  (Kids aith Autism Making Progress).  Just began KAMPN website see www.Kampn4Autism@appstate.edu   email is Kampn4Autism@yahoo.com   

Let me know.  I have a Doctorate in Special Education from Un. of FLa and it would be very interested to team you up with KAMPN & someone in the Department of Health, Leisure Studies and Exercise Science here at Applachian State university and do the research up here in the High Country located in the Heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.    Pic is of two parents who I have had over the past 2 weekend with their child with Autism.

They are both Parent Advisors to the KAMPN Board and stayed with us here at Taylors Peak.  The one is with Tucker recieving a football from the head coach or Appalachian State and the other is of NOAH and his parents taking a hike through some of the trails on the KAMPN site.

Let me know

Blessings....Dr. Jim 

Attachments:

RSS

© 2019   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service