I am in phase II of a learning garden project I have started last year. Is there anyone else that has done, completed, or in the midst of doing a similar project for a public school. I have run into many drawbacks and would love to discuss this with all of you. 

It has always been a passion of mine to teach children about nature and their natural environment. Last year I had a great turn out of families that helped build the first phase of the garden. It looks fabulous, but we have a lot of vandalism with our new baby trees. 

Would love to start the discussion.

Rhonda

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rhonda! I am a special education teacher in a public school in Costa Rica. We have created a program for teaching our students with mental retardation in our sensory gardens. I just signed up in this space and find fantastic information available for me! I wish I had a lot of time to take a look at the blogs and sites other members have recomended for you. I know Ill do it, a litle by little. I would love to invite you to my blog. You can see a lot of our work by simply looking at the pictures we included. I am willing to establish communication with other teachers, like you, because we have shared the same dream of bringing children the opprtunities to learn in the outside. I hope we keep in touch!

Rhonda Ursulak said:
Wow Juliet! Thank you very much for your comments and ideas! Love it and will try just about all of them I am sure! Definately will keep you up to date as to what has worked, not worked, tweeked, changed etc.

I am not one to give up! Like the seedling idea, have an area we can plant that too!

Thanks
Andrina,
I would love to join your blog and see what you are doing. That is wonderful what you are doing. I just know that they are benefiting from your learning garden. Definatly keep in touch. Send me your link to your blog and I will join.

and yes it is very overwhelming just how much info is here. Even I cannot get to all of it at once. Take your time, and soak in all that is offered here. Thank you for posting!

Andrina Escalante said:
Hi Rhonda! I am a special education teacher in a public school in Costa Rica. We have created a program for teaching our students with mental retardation in our sensory gardens. I just signed up in this space and find fantastic information available for me! I wish I had a lot of time to take a look at the blogs and sites other members have recomended for you. I know Ill do it, a litle by little. I would love to invite you to my blog. You can see a lot of our work by simply looking at the pictures we included. I am willing to establish communication with other teachers, like you, because we have shared the same dream of bringing children the opprtunities to learn in the outside. I hope we keep in touch!

Rhonda Ursulak said:
Wow Juliet! Thank you very much for your comments and ideas! Love it and will try just about all of them I am sure! Definately will keep you up to date as to what has worked, not worked, tweeked, changed etc.

I am not one to give up! Like the seedling idea, have an area we can plant that too!

Thanks
Thank you Rhonda for your words! I forgot to send you the link to my blog. It is andrinaescalante.blogspot.com
I hope you enjoy it!

Andrina Escalante said:

Rhonda Ursulak said:

Thanks

RSS

© 2019   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service