C&NN Connect

Share, Learn, Listen, Lead

Our park district recently started a nature based preschool. I thought is was amazing that something that can be as bogged down with bueracracy as a park district could start this type of program up. The 3-4 year olds will spend at least one hour of the two hour class outside. I love it! I signed up my daughter as soon as they opened the doors.

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Oh awesome! We have several nature programs in our area (NC) but nothing that's daily or anything like that. We do Nature Watchers at the moment, which is a monthly class for early elementary kiddos (and preschoolers too)
Hi Lindsey

It is great that people and organisations all over the world are waking up to the potential of nature as the natural place for children to play and learn.

On my Creative STAR website I've some case studies in the resources section about nature and outdoor pre-schools which you might enjoy reading . Also well worth a look are the Scottish nature kindergarten websites where children spend 90% of their time outside all year round. These include The Secret Garden, Mindstretchers and Woodlands.

Best wishes
Juliet
Juliet,

Thank you for the resources!

Juliet Robertson said:
Hi Lindsey

It is great that people and organisations all over the world are waking up to the potential of nature as the natural place for children to play and learn.

On my Creative STAR website I've some case studies in the resources section about nature and outdoor pre-schools which you might enjoy reading . Also well worth a look are the Scottish nature kindergarten websites where children spend 90% of their time outside all year round. These include The Secret Garden, Mindstretchers and Woodlands.

Best wishes
Juliet
Thats is great! There is just so much that kids can discover in an hour outdoors! Enjoy!
Rosie

RSS

© 2014   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service