Statewide NC Children and Nature (NCCAN!) conference at the NC Zoo is on March 25. What would you like to see happen at the conference?  HOw can our state coalition help you or your organization?

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this!

I'd like to see a way for organizations in the same area / region to easily connect with each other to co-sponsor programs and events. With the NC CAN group being the main center for North Carolina, consider using the Ning Network to form subchapters that help to connect local parties, taking the advantages of this network to the local level.
Consider the North Carolina Wildlife Federation Network as an example. http://ncwildlife.ning.com/
By breaking NCWF down from a state level to a local level, we have grown to over 540 members in 2 years from the coast to the mountains.

I'd also like to hear success stories of how organizations have made a positive difference in connecting kids to the wonders of nature.
Hey Ernie- I think this is a great way to get the word out. We have several folks on our leadership team from the western part of the state and really would love to see a western regional group (and an eastern) to work with our state - wide coalition. Maybe we can look at this during the conference. I would love to have your email so I can send you ore info on this conference, the coalition, and our upcoming public policy wrokshop. Glad you mentioned NC NWF- they are part of our Coalition and the NWF helped us get our very first stages of organization established.
We have a lot of things happening statewide- regional clusters would be a great addition. Please give me our email and we can talk more!

Ernie McLaney said:
Thanks for posting this!

I'd like to see a way for organizations in the same area / region to easily connect with each other to co-sponsor programs and events. With the NC CAN group being the main center for North Carolina, consider using the Ning Network to form subchapters that help to connect local parties, taking the advantages of this network to the local level.
Consider the North Carolina Wildlife Federation Network as an example. http://ncwildlife.ning.com/
By breaking NCWF down from a state level to a local level, we have grown to over 540 members in 2 years from the coast to the mountains.

I'd also like to hear success stories of how organizations have made a positive difference in connecting kids to the wonders of nature.
Kathy,

Here's my work email: ernie.mclaney@cpcc.edu

www.cpcc.edu/cfs

RSS

© 2020   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service