KIVA Nature Walk (in your costume!!!)
Oct 31 10:00am - Oct 31 12:00pm

Come with us to Where the Wild Things Are!
October 31st! Take a nature walk in your costume!
(no scarries please)
Wolf Creek Greenway - beginning at the Hardy Road side
Stay for the walk, or stay a little later and bring a picnic lunch

A simple idea, but we are very excited. We will have a Wild Rumpus indeed.
We are using the NWF's guide at http://www.nwf.org/beoutthere/ for ideas!

Let us here what you are doing in October.

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea Chip. Can't wait to see the movie too!
Outstanding idea, Chip! We're trying to jumpstart our parent outdoors MeetUp group and an event like this might be just the ticket. Thanks for sharing! Cheers, Carmen
Thanks so much for the note Carmen! We are getting very excited!

Carmen Field said:
Outstanding idea, Chip! We're trying to jumpstart our parent outdoors MeetUp group and an event like this might be just the ticket. Thanks for sharing! Cheers, Carmen
Carmen,
You may want to add Margaret Rietano as a friend. Margaret is part of our Natural Teachers Network but is also starting a group called ELEMENTS to get kids outside in winter or other inclement weather. You obviously face the same issues (and more) in Alaska so Margaret may have some good hints. Margaret lives in DC. I just asked her to be my friend so we can connect on this. Her last post was Sept. 15 so she doesn't get on this site very often. John

Carmen Field said:
Thanks for the suggestion, John. I will get a hold of Margaret. I'd love to get some new ideas for winter outdoor activities, especiallly since a bunch of us EE providers in town will be hosting the 2nd annual Winter Family Fun Day in mid-January. I'm also organizing a Family Ice Fishing Day for February, derby-style, which should be fun. Now if the fish will just show up :o)
We got inspired by you and are doing a SPOOKY Halloween walk in the Ravine for Halloween

his Wednesday I'd like to go for a SPOOKY Halloween walk in the Ravine. (Glen Manor Ravine)

We'd like to meet up at 10:30 at the bridge... (please feel free to e-mail me if you don't know where I mean)

I'll be walking up from the queen street entrance.

if you'd like to wear your costume please feel free. I'll wear my witches costume
we'll sing some spooky Halloween Songs and have some scary hot chocolate and a gruesome picnic in the scary forest!

Hope to see you all there!
http://www.activekidsclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view...
Hi Carmen,
We have been organizing outdoor playgroup for 3 years up in Canada every week, and our motto is "No bad weather,only bad clothing. So we are out no matter the weather..
The key is to dress for the weather.

Check out our website for tips on outdoor activities and how to dress for it.
http://www.activekidsclub.com/
Good luck with your group
Kari

Carmen Field said:
Thanks for the suggestion, John. I will get a hold of Margaret. I'd love to get some new ideas for winter outdoor activities, especiallly since a bunch of us EE providers in town will be hosting the 2nd annual Winter Family Fun Day in mid-January. I'm also organizing a Family Ice Fishing Day for February, derby-style, which should be fun. Now if the fish will just show up :o)
Hi Kari,
I use that same motto when encouraging parents to take their kids outside here in Alaska, because we sure get our fair share of those "bad clothing days" :o) Thanks for your note and link to your website...great tool for parents. I'll put a link to it from our community group's website (and future parent nature club website).

Cheers,

Carmen

RSS

© 2021   Created by amy pertschuk.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service